Grand Opera House
The beautifully restored Grand Opera House is one of Belfast’s most iconic theatres and the only Victorian Theatre in Northern Ireland built by the renowned architect Frank Matcham in 1895. The Theatre presents an outstanding programme of drama, dance, opera, comedy, musicals and family shows.
Whether through excellent productions on stage or conferences and corporate events, the mission of the Theatre is to make your experience extraordinary.
The Grand Opera House aims:
- To present a world-class theatrical experience
- To extend and enhance our reputation nationally and internationally
- To exercise the responsible stewardship of our landmark building
- To maintain a distinctive Education and Outreach Programme
- To sustain and develop a successful organisation
- To provide a positive experience whether visiting or working at the Theatre
The Grand Opera House’s overriding principles are to respect and champion all arts activities, raise the profile of artists based in Northern Ireland among audiences and critics nationally and internationally, and bring the best national and international productions to Northern Ireland.
The Theatre also promotes inclusivity and accessibility with a range of access performances, activities and events, as well as facilities and services to support everyone.