Cancer Research UK Northern Ireland
We are the world's leading independent cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research, influence, and information, and the only cancer charity that researches all 200 types of cancer.
In Belfast, our Adult Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre, which we co-fund with the health department in Northern Ireland, brings together lab scientists and cancer doctors from local universities and NHS trusts to speed up the flow of ideas and new treatments from the lab to the clinic.
Belfast ECMC facilitates effective translational and clinical research in experimental cancer medicine within the Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research (PGJCCR) at Queen's University Belfast and the Northern Ireland Cancer Trials Network within Belfast Health and Social Care Trust.
In 2022-2023 in Northern Ireland:
- 80 local groups and committees raised £427,000.
- 4 Relays for life raised £79,000.
- 211 people volunteered in 17 shops, raising £2.5 million.
- 5 corporate partners raised nearly £8,000.
- 2,212 participants raised over £254,000 in 2 Race for Life events.
For more information or direct contact, please reach out to your local Relationship Manager;