Belfast Chamber signs up to 3-year funding for PSNI City Centre Beat initiative
Belfast Chamber entered an agreement co-funding a dedicated PSNI resource within Belfast city centre which is responsive to the needs and priorities of the city centre creating a safer city.
The PSNI City Centre Beat officers help tackle city centre issues by:
- Challenging all forms of anti-social behaviour;
- Monitoring the flow of traffic around the city centre;
- Eradicating illegal street trading;
- Addressing other important issues such as criminal damage;
- Contributing to the coordinated approach, managing the vulnerable and those with chronic social needs.