A night of celebration, excellence and creativity – 21 businesses recognised at the Belfast Business Awards 2019
It was a hotly anticipated evening, attended by over 100 shortlisted businesses, their staff, proud family members and local dignitaries where the winners of the Belfast Business Awards 2019 were announced.
Held at the prestigious Titanic Belfast, the awards, which are organised by Belfast Chamber and supported by principal sponsor Bank of Ireland UK
hve become synonymous with recognising excellence, celebrating and rewarding exceptional achievements across a range of industries in Northern Ireland.
The 21 top businesses who scooped a highly coveted award, showcase the strength and depth of Belfast Business talent, diversity and competitiveness including four highly commended, and with the Bank of Ireland UK Lifetime Achievement award going to the deserved Willie Jack.
Now in their fifth year, the awards recognised a plethora of industries, talent and teams including iMultiply who won Customer Service Excellence in Professional Services, Glandore who won Family Business, Gareth Murphy, Vertigo Holdings who won Business Person of the Year and Translink (Glider) who won Best Marketing Iniatitive.
Paul McClurg, Head of Belfast Business at Banking at Bank of Ireland UK commented: “Bank of Ireland is extremely proud to partner for a fifth consecutive year as principal sponsor of The Belfast Business Awards. Having been involved from its inauguration we’ve witnessed firsthand the important role these awards play in building confidence and showcasing Belfast as a vibrant commercial city, a destination for business.
“Belfast has once again done itself proud and at Bank of Ireland with five key branches through the city, we are passionate and committed to enabling businesses, customers and communities to thrive, as together we continue to grow in the months and years to come.
“The Belfast Business Awards is a perfect platform for Belfast businesses to springboard forward in showcasing their staff, talent, expertise, creativity, commercial prowess and to reflect and celebrate on their endeavours.
Paul concluded: “Congratulations to all of this year’s participants, we have been completely blown away by the sheer talent, quality and level of business ambition demonstrated. I would especially like to congratulate each and every one of the terrific and inspirational companies and people who have taken home awards tonight. They have raised the bar again this year and we look forward to their continued success”.
Rajesh Rana, President of Belfast Chamber commented: “Last night demonstrated what a truly exceptional place Belfast is to work, do business in and to share our successes.
“This city is becoming truly a regional powerhouse – each of the winners really showcased the unbelievable talent we have in our country – many of these businesses are trading on a global scale and employing hundreds of people.
“As Chamber President it gives me great pleasure and an immense feeling of pride that we as a Chamber have given the winners this stage to showcase their talents.”
Rajesh concluded: “I would like to congratulate each of the winners and entrants, even to be shortlisted is such a fantastic achievement.”
Full list of winners…
*Café Parisien won Customer Service Excellence, Hospitality Sector sponsored by Power NI
* Learning Space won Customer Service Excellence, Independent Retailer sponsored by Andras Hotels
* iMultiply won Customer Service Excellence, Professional Business Services sponsored by Specsavers
* Karcher Centre, Belfast won Best New Business sponsored by Fintru with Halo Healthy Kitchen being Highly Commended
* TRECCO Maintenance Service won Best Social Enterprise of the Year/Co-operative Award sponsored by Belfast City Council, Health Development
* Glandore won Best Family Business sponsored by Value Cabs
* FinTru won Best Business Growth sponsored by Grant Thornton with Mount Charles being Highly Commended
* FinTru Best Company to work for award sponsored by Willis Insurance
* Translink (Glider) who won Best Marketing Initiative sponsored by Downtown, Cool FM, Downtown Country with Beyond Skin Clinic being Highly Commended
* Instil Software won Best Business Premises sponsored by Belfast One
* Glen Stewart won Young Business Person (Under 30) sponsored by Victoria Square
* Laura Banks won Employee of the year sponsored by Castle Court with Kym Horner, MKB Law being highly commended
* Gareth Murphy, Vertigo Holdings Ltd won Business person of the Year sponsored by Lacuna Developments
* Cinemagic International Film and Television Festival for Young people won Best Creative Business sponsored by Destination CQ
* Dawson Andrews won Best Digital Business sponsored by Exterion Media
* Holiday Inn, Belfast City Centre won Best Hotel, sponsored by Linen Quarter BID
* Translink won Best Age-Friendly Business sponsored by Belfast City Council, Age Charter
* Icemos Technology won Best Technology Based Business sponsored by Mills Selig
* Ulster Supported Employment Ltd won Environmental Best Practice
*Fish City Belfast won Best Eatery/Coffee Shop in the Best Eatery Category sponsored by Red Box Media
* The Bake House won Best Eatery/Coffee Shop sponsored by Red Box Media
* Willie Jack won Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by Bank of Ireland
Photo caption: All the winners of the Belfast Business Awards are pictured.
Photo 2 is Willie Jack, Winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award with Michael Stewart, owner of House Belfast and Belfast Chamber member alongside Paul McClurg, Bank of Ireland, UK (Principle Sponsor) of the Belfast Business Awards.